The decision to forego retaining a personal injury attorney can be a costly one. The assistance of a knowledgeable automobile accident attorney is vital to the success of your claim. While the temptation to just accept the first settlement offer surely exists, in the field of personal injury law, rejecting that offer and securing an experienced personal injury attorney will lead to far greater compensation and the satisfaction of knowing justice has been achieved.
The following is a list of the top reasons why no one should go without a personal injury attorney:
- The insurance company does not have your best interest at heart—the insurance company represents the individual who hit you. Although adjusters can be quite professional and kind on the phone, they are not concerned with seeing you recover. The insurance company’s first offer will, without a doubt, be far less than what you may be entitled to.
- Your attorney will advocate for you—it is your personal injury attorney’s job and duty to become your mouthpiece and focus above all else on achieving your full recovery. Therefore, in every negotiation, during all the research, and when presented with any option, your attorney will act in your best interest. Having a knowledgeable professional on your side is crucial when dealing with experienced insurance claim adjusters looking to minimize their payout.
- Your attorney will handle the workload that comes with an injury claim—following an accident, you will likely receive constant phone calls from adjusters, medical providers, and others relating to bills that stem from the wreck. Your automobile accident attorney will take over such phone calls, allowing you to focus on recovery. Further, your attorney will handle the tedious task of documentation. Documentation of every medical bill, lost wage, and the like is absolutely essential to maximizing your recovery. For most people, this task can be overwhelming. Personal injury lawyers are experienced in such matters and will simplify the process.
- Automobile accident laws are complex—some automobile accident cases will involve courtroom hearings and even trial. Legal rules are complicated and the case law constantly evolving. You need someone trained in this intricate field to navigate your claim.
- An automobile accident attorney will add value to your case—your attorney will begin by conducting a thorough investigation of the accident. He or she might uncover, for instance, that the other driver was drunk at the time of the incident or distracted. This may increase your recovery greatly. As the process continues, your lawyer will enter into negotiations on your behalf. Most experienced attorneys are expert negotiators and will obtain increased settlement offers. Finally, your accident attorney can add value to your claim immensely by simply having an in-depth knowledge in the field. Your lawyer will understand all the potential categories of damages that apply to your case and compile the evidence in support of each loss. Your chance of full compensation for your injuries is astronomically increased with the assistance of a professional automobile accident attorney.
- You will not have to pay unless you recover—cost is a big issue to many accident victims. To help their clients afford the pursuit of accident claims, most personal injury lawyers agree to contingent fee arrangements, which means that they do not receive compensation unless they achieve a recovery for you.
At the Giddens Law Firm, we strive above all else to maximize the recovery of each client. Our team of seasoned, aggressive litigators will fight for your just compensation. The Giddens Law Firm is a step above all the rest, pursuing excellence in all we do. Call us today at (601) 355-2022 to schedule a free consultation.