About John D. Giddens Law Firm
Since 1999, Giddens Law Firm has been fighting hard on the behalf of injury victims throughout Mississippi. As part of our commitment to our clients, we always try to respond as quickly and carefully as possible to your legal needs. We temper the speed of our service with the need to be thorough. Here at Giddens Law Firm, we strive to take care of your needs quickly and correctly. We promise to try to get you the results you need and deserve. This can only be accomplished by having experienced, dedicated legal professionals on your side.
Many times people do not seek the guidance of an attorney for fear that doing so would be too expensive and complicated. At Giddens Law Firm, we alleviate those fears right away. Your first consultation is always free. During that first meeting, you will find out whether your problem requires the assistance of an attorney and what we can do to help. Fees and costs are discussed upfront. There is no “guessing” as to what your fee might be for our services and often our cases are taken on contingency, meaning there is no fee or expense to you until we collect on your behalf.
When you enter our office you will know that our attorneys and other staff members genuinely care about you and your legal concerns. If we cannot give your case the attention it deserves we will tell you so. We do not take cases unless we feel we can devote the resources necessary to attend to them properly.
What Legal Services Does Giddens Law Firm Offer?
Giddens Law Firm is a personal injury law firm located in Jackson, Mississippi. Our main practice area is personal injury litigation with an emphasis on truck accidents. We also handle car accidents, workers’ compensation, catastrophic injuries, and product liability.
We have won millions of dollars for injury victims throughout Mississippi and have the experience necessary to take your case to trial, if necessary. Our personal injury lawyer will examine your case and explain what the best course of action is. If you choose Giddens Law Firm as your personal injury attorney, we will fight for your rights from day one. We keep in constant communication. If your case is outside of the state, we can refer to excellent attorneys throughout the country, from a car accident lawyer in San Diego, California, to a truck accident attorney in Wilkes-Barre, PA.
About John D. Giddens
Giddens Law Firm is led by personal injury lawyer John D. Giddens. For the past 30 years, Mr. Giddens has been fighting for the rights of his clients. He has extensive experience in a number of areas of legal practice, including truck accident litigation, car accidents, product liability, and catastrophic injury. Mr. Giddens has been lead counsel in several personal injury cases throughout the state, receiving multi-million dollar verdicts and settlements for Mississippi injury clients.
Prior to starting his own law firm, Mr. Giddens was trial counsel at Diaz, Lewis and Giddens from 1994 to 1999. He was also an Associate at Brunini Grantham Grower & Hewes, where he handled legal research for the Oil and Gas Department.
Mr. Giddens has been named to the Mid-South Super Lawyers list for 2009-2010 as well as 2014-2020. He has also received accolades from the American Trial Lawyer Association, the National Association of Distinguished Counsel, and the American Institute of Personal Injury Attorneys.
He is a member of both the Mississippi Association for Justice and the American Association for Justice. Mr. Giddens received his J.D. at the University of Mississippi School of Law and his B.B.A. in Management at the University of Mississippi.
How to Choose a Personal Injury Law Firm?
Choosing a personal injury lawyer for your case can be a formidable task, especially if you’ve never hired an attorney before. With so many to choose from, how do you know which personal injury lawyer works best for your case?
When choosing a lawyer for your injury claim, there are specific factors you should be looking at when choosing an accident lawyer:
- Examine the track record – Take a look at their case results. Do they have a successful track record in cases similar to yours? For example, Giddens Law Firm has achieved multi-million dollar verdicts and settlements for victims of car accidents, truck accidents, medical malpractice, product liability, and much more.
- Review their credentials – Check the lawyer’s credentials to see how long they’ve been practicing, where they are licensed, and if they are members of any legal organizations. Many times, the lawyer’s bio states any recognitions they may have received from peer-reviewed legal organizations, such as Super Lawyers.
- Read the reviews – Hearing the experience of a former client can give you an idea of how the lawyer works and communicates. But don’t just check Google! Remember to look at other review websites such as Avvo and Martindale-Hubbell to get a full picture.
- Ask questions – Most personal injury lawyers offer a free initial consultation. During this first meeting, take the time to learn about your attorney and how they can benefit your case. Ask them important questions such as, “Have you handled many cases like this one before?” and “What is your philosophy to representing a case?” Ask about their credentials to make sure they have the experience needed for your case.
- Understand the fee – Finally, make sure you understand the fee arrangement before hiring an attorney. Most personal injury firms work on a contingency basis. What this means is you do not pay the attorney’s fee up front; instead, once your case is settled, the lawyer will take a small percentage of the settlement for your fee. However, if your case is not successful, you do not owe a fee.
Giddens Law Firm is Here to Help You With Your Personal Injury Case
At Giddens Law Firm, our goal is always to provide our clients with the excellence of legal services necessary to obtain results. Our experienced Mississippi personal injury lawyers will diligently pursue all claims and seek to maximize your recovery.
Giddens Law Firm, P.A. has built a name for itself throughout the state of Mississippi for the amount of pre-trial preparation in all of our cases, building car wreck cases through a thorough investigation, and use of technology in the courtroom which results in many significant jury awards and verdicts.
Don’t wait much longer. For a free case analysis, call us today at (601) 355-2022 or contact us online.